This breakfast casserole is a crowd pleaser! I have been making it for years, and whenever we host friends for brunch I am always asked for the recipe! The best part (aside from the fact that it is d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s.) is that it is SO EASY!
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 8oz bacon or turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of your favorite seasoning (my favorite is Fox Point by Penzey’s Spices, actually this is probably the seasoning I put on almost everything, I love it!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 8×8 baking dish (I always use my 9×6 baking dish – which is what is pictured above!)
- Layer 1/2 potatoes, 1/2 onion, 1/2 bacon and 1/2 cheese in prepared baking dish; repeat layers.
- Combine evaporated milk, egg, seasoning and salt in small bowl. Pour evenly over potato mixture; cover.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes.
- Uncover; bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Happy brunching!