I am always looking for an easy, healthy and QUICK meal for our family on weeknights. By the time we get home from work and pick up the girls from daycare the night flies by. Between cooking, cleaning up, trying to get a few minutes of playtime in with the girls, bath, books and bedtime.. there just never seems to be enough time!
So I am always trying to find or create easy meals that my whole family enjoys and require little work on my part!
This one is so so easy. I shared a photo of it a few weeks ago and so many of you asked for the recipe, I made it again and wrote it down to share with y’all!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken tenders, sliced
- 1-2 tbsp taco seasoning (should coat the chicken and vegetables)
- 4 bell peppers in assorted colors (seeded and thinly sliced)
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- Sour cream
- Brown rice (2 packages of Uncle Ben’s whole grain ready rice)
- Cilantro finely chopped to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, spray baking sheet with cooking oil
- Slice chicken, peppers and onion as directed, place all in a large mixing bowl
- Add olive oil and taco seasoning, mix until chicken and veggies are coated
- Spread chicken and veggies evenly on baking sheet, cook for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes stir everything and cook for additional 10 minutes, or until chicken and vegetables are cooked through (check chicken to be sure it’s cooked thoroughly—either with a meat thermometer, 165 degrees for chicken, or no pink in thickest part)
- Cook brown rice as directed (I use Uncle Ben’s whole grain ready rice – it takes 90 seconds)! Once cooked, add salt to rice to taste. You could also use cauliflower rice or regular white rice
- Assemble bowls by layering rice, fajita mixings, add a tablespoon of sour cream and garnish with cilantro