Hey y’all! Kyle and I have made our way to Nashville twice now for fun little getaways and I am going to give you a list of all of our favorite spots today on the blog!
The first time we went in 2017, we absolutely fell in love with Nashville and all it had to offer. I will say – this year was a little different. Downtown at night used to be a great spot to grab a drink and listen to music – now it is packed (and I mean packed) with people – and crawling with bachelorette and backeor parties! Still super fun – but this trip we fell even more in love with the outer perimeter of the city – The Gulch neighborhood ,12 South and of course, Franklin, TN.
THE CUTEST COFFEE SHOPS
1. Killebrew Coffee: This is in the Gulch Neighborhood (see below for more on this) on the ground floor of The Thompson hotel. Delicious coffee and fresh pastries in the cutest coffeeshop!
2. Crema: This is a little outside of downtown Nashville and was our first stop this trip because we loved it so much the last time we were there. Delicious coffee and a cute spot!
3. Frothy Monkey: This is a must-stop in Nashville. There are a few locations, downtown, 12 South and Franklin each have one. Both times we’ve been we also have breakfast there and it is so dang good. I ordered a custom omelet with kale, avocado, tomato and mozzarella cheese and it was amazing!
THINGS TO DO
1. Blue Bird Café: If you watched the show Nashville you know all about this spot. You have to get your tickets online the Monday before you go, though! They go onsale every Monday morning at 8am and you have to be ready – they sell out quick!
2. Arrington Vineyards: About a 30 minute drive out of the city, it’s a gorgeous winery owned by Brooks and Dunn. So much space to grab some tastings and sit on a swing and soak up the views!
3.Country Music Hall of Fame: This is super touristy, but this was our first stop on our first trip to Nashville and we were so glad we did it! It was a great way to start our stay and really appreciate the history of the city and music.
4. The Listening Room: Highly recommend this spot! We went both times we visited Nashville (and thought about going two nights in a row, ha)! There are 3-4 artists that play rounds of music they have written. The talent is always unbelievable and a great spot to listen to music and have either dinner or dessert (they also serve a delicious brunch on Saturday mornings and have music then too). I recommend getting tickets early for this spot too!
5.The Grand Old Opry: You have to go at least once! We did a show and a backstage tour after the show and it was so great. I met Loretta Lynn! Highly recommend checking this place out – you never know who you will see!
6. Belle Meade Plantation: A beautiful plantation outside on downtown Nashville where you can take guided tours or walk the grounds yourselves. They offer wine tasting and it’s packed with beautiful and important history. We did this on our first trip and were so grateful we went!
THE BEST SPOTS TO EXPLORE
1. 12 South: This is a great area to park and walk around. This is where you’ll find the “I believe in Nashville” mural, Reese Witherspoons “Draper James” store, Bartaco and a Frothy Monkey.
2. The Gulch Neighborhood: Another great spot to walk around! We loved Milk and Honey for lunch and you can also eat at Biscuit Love for breakfast (we never ate there because the line was crazy long). This is where you’ll find Jesse James Decker’s new store Kittenish, Killebrew coffee and other cute shops worth checking out.
3. Downtown Franklin: We loved downtown Franklin! So cute. It’s about a 30-minute drive outside of Nashville but has the best main street with an Anthropology, White Mercantile and Tin Cottage. So many other shops that are fun to explore, another Frothy Monkey and a Pucketts Grocery (a great spot for brunch).
WHERE TO EAT
1. Bartaco: This place will change your view of street tacos forever. I loved it so much I went twice! It’s got a coastal vibe and delicious tacos and margaritas. Don’t forever to ask what the “secret taco” is that month!
2. Josephine: This is a great option for a more romantic upscale dinner. Delicious food and great service!
3. Biscuit Love: We didn’t end up eating here because of the line, but everyone raves about it!
4. The Farm House: A great option downtown with farm to table food.
5. Pucketts Grocery: There is one in Franklin and downtown Nashville – a great spot for casual southern style food and live music.
6.Grays on Main: Located in downtown franklin, this two story spot has fun drinks and live music. It’s a historic building with many original touches that is worth checking out (make sure you ask to be seated upstairs).
Nashville is a great place to visit with great food and music around every corner. Definitely add it to your bucket list if you haven’t been!